The Zehetmair Quartet is one of the most versatile and exciting string quartets in the world. Famous for its unique programmes, which span the Classic to the Romantic Period, but also New Music, they will compare an early Serenade String Quartet by Haydn with the Emperor Quartet, a mature work from his late career, during their upcoming European tour. They will then transition to the 20th century with Hindemith’s String Quartet No. 5. His chamber music is of particularly significance for the musicians in light of their recording of the String Quartet No. 4 which earned them the Hindemith Prize in Hanau in 2012.
Through their many years of collaboration, the four virtuosic musicians have perfected their playing – this combined with their astutely crafted interpretations, distinct yet mysterious tonal splendour and profound emotional expression promises unforgettable moments during their concert tour.
28. February, Barcelona, Palau de la Música
02. March, Geneva, Passage de la Radio
04. March, Zug, Theater Casino
06. March, Vevey, Salle de Castillo
07. March, Winterthur, Musikkollegium
10. March, Brussels: Flagey Klarafestival
11. March, Eindhoven, Muziekgebouw